Saturday, January 31, 2009

CNY - The Malnorished OX???

Reading the papers these days, looks like 2009 brings with it the overworked-underpaid Ox. It's probably malnorished too. Perhaps even jobless.

I had enough of all these negative news that I stop reading any news at all. No one reports anything positive nowadays as people take them for granted (they don't sell as well as negative ones too).

Everyone's sceptical of every bit of positive news.

HL: Hey, company is giving the Kicker Bonus (SGD150 - zzz in vouchers) again.
ME: Ya, I redeem all already.
HL: The redemption valid for one year, right?
ME: Ya, but the vouchers has 2 years validity, so it's ok. I scared I forgot abt them.
HL: Ya, we also dunno when they're going to "show us the door". Better redeem now, if not "loogee".

No news is still good news.

So I shut myself from all these negative talk and listen to my Tori Amos again. Doing some planning for my work as well. Vendors not listening to me, sales people bully me - ENOUGH!!! Time to stand up for my convictions.

I read my last blog entry and found that I'd done Tori an unjust. Please read all about her here. She's much more interesting than what I'd described.

No comments: